What We Got Here?

Free News on your Blog
(Be the First to Announce the News - Get your News Feed Now!)
Looking for Tech Blogs?
(Stay Up to Date With the Latest Tech News. Get a Free Subscription.)
Automatic Blogs No Catch?
(Self Maintaining Unique Content Say Goodbye To Duplicate Content)
Clinique 3 Step Challenge
(Register & Get Free Samples By Answering Our Skin Survey!)
(Write your opinion before the Climate Change Conference 2009.)
Classroom Blogging
(Free multi-user blogging community for your classroom. Learn more here)
Fitness Blog Site
(Find blogs that interest you)
Simplest Free CMS Ever
(3 Minutes For You To Implement 30 Seconds To Train Your Editors)

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Adam Lambert in Rolling Stone: I'm Gay

I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I'm gay.

And, with those words, Adam Lambert officially comes out of the closet in the latest issue of Rolling Stone.

While the issue of his sexual orientation was obvious - and, for the most part, irrelevant - to any American Idol fan, Lambert has been bugged about his perceived homosexuality ever since he made a major impression on season eight of the Fox competition.

Last week, he held the hand of Drake LaBry outside a Hollywood nightclub, seemingly putting an end to the speculation. But now it's on the record, official, in print. Why did he wait so long to utter the words above?

"I'm trying to be a singer, not a civil rights leader," he told the magazine.

Adam Lambert, Rolling Stone

Yes, Adam Lambert is gay. The country can move on now.

Here are a few other excerpts from the article:

On being gay: I'm proud of my sexuality. I embrace it. It's just another part of me.

On rooming with Kris Allen: They put me with the cute guy. Distracting! He’s the one guy I found attractive in the whole group on the show: nice, nonchalant, pretty and totally my type - except that he has a wife. I mean he’s open-minded and liberal, but he’s definitely 100% straight.

On not coming out during American Idol: I was worried that [coming out] would be so sensationalized that it would overshadow what I was there to do, which was sing.

On keeping his personal life private: I'm an entertainer, and who I am and what I do in my personal life is a separate thing. it shouldn't matter. Except it does. It's really confusing.

On self-perception: I finally checked into my self-worth for the first time in my life, and the fact that it coincided with Idol is so sweet. I mean, I still have moments where I think, 'Oh, my skin is terrible, and I'm a little fat - I should really go to the gym more.' But for the most part, when I look in the mirror now, I finally see somebody who can do something cool.

So do millions of fans, Adam. Way to remain true to yourself!

No comments: